Sedation Dentistry in Clermont
Whether you have dental anxiety, are worried about an upcoming oral surgery or a procedure like a filling, sedation dentistry from Dr. Buechele at Clermont Family Dentistry & Dentures will ensure that your dental visit is as smooth and painless as possible. With sedation, you can relax and enjoy a more comfortable experience. If you’re curious about whether sedation dentistry is an option during your upcoming appointment, give us a call and we’ll discuss your needs!
When is Sedation an Option
Any patient can opt to be sedated during any treatment. You don’t need to have dental anxiety or any particular fear of the dentist to be sedated, and you don’t need to undergo extensive surgery to benefit from sedation. As long as you’re healthy, and there are no contraindications (health problems that prevent sedation from being administered), sedation is an option for a comfortable, painless procedure.
Some of the most common reasons people opt for sedation dentistry include:
- Extensive or multiple procedures – If you’re going to be in the dentist’s chair for more than an hour or two, sedation can help you stay comfortable throughout your procedure.
- A strong gag reflex – Sedation can help patients relax if you have a strong gag reflex, which makes it easier for Dr. Buechele to operate on the molars and rear teeth.
- Fear of needles – Even if you’re not afraid of the dentist, the needles used for numbing agents may be scary and intimidating. Fear of needles is very common, and sedation can help reduce this fear and anxiety.
- Dental anxiety – If you hate going to the dentist, and fear common dental operations, sedation is the best option to help you get the treatment that you need.
- Low pain threshold – If you know that you have a very low threshold for pain and discomfort, even the sound and vibration of a dental drill may scare you. Sedation will keep you calm and comfortable
At Clermont Family Dentistry & Dentures, we offer two different kinds of sedation. The most common form of sedation is laughing gas, or nitrous oxide, also known as “inhaled minimal sedation”. Laughing gas is an inert gas that promotes feelings of euphoria and giddiness, so you’ll feel stress-free during your procedure. The effects of laughing gas wear off quickly, so you can drive yourself home after your procedure.
Oral conscious sedation is another option. This involves a pill you take orally about an hour before your procedure. You may become drowsy or even fall asleep during your procedure, and you can’t drive yourself home afterwards. You’ll need to make alternative travel arrangements.
We’ll Keep You Comfortable at Clermont Family Dentistry & Dentures!
Fear of needles or dental anxiety shouldn’t stop you from getting the dental treatment you need. Dr. Buechele will be happy to work with you and discuss your sedation options to help ease your worries or fears about dental care. Our office is warm and inviting, and we strive to give our patients positive memories of the dentist. Schedule an appointment by calling us at (352) 242-1763 or drop by our office at 12344 Roper Blvd, Clermont, FL 34711. We look forward to seeing you!